Aftermarket ManagerSeptember 13, 2016
Reports To: VP Sales & Marketing
Location: York, Pennsylvania USA
The role of the Aftermarket Manager is to lead the worldwide Spare Part and Service business, to provide an overall direction of the work processes for the order planning and execution, warranty management, logistics, warehousing, quality assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the activities of spare part sales, schedule service resources, quote service work, manage warranty claims, upkeep machine and serial number history (asset management), customer communication
- Responsible for the worldwide service activities
- Manage all after-sales agreements and services, bank hours
- Along with the Sales team, identify new opportunities to grow and improve business
- Establish standards, processes, and provide the necessary tools and other resources
- Facilitate communication between the departments and mediate when necessary
- Provide management with monthly reports and statements on inventory turns and statements to accurately reflect current operations, trends and conditions.
- Achieve annual after sales goals and facilitate growth
- Provide phone support to troubleshoot day-to-day customer and operational issues.
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to ensure appropriate after sales support and customer care management.
- International travel will be required
- Other duties as may be assigned
Skills & Related Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in operation of an assembler, manufacturer or distributor of industrial automation products. Preferable additional experience in executing and planning of field services
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong mechanical, electrical background, PLC and software knowledge a plus
- Ability to understand mechanical, electrical, and software principles as they relate to equipment
- Experience in managing inventory turns
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and e-mail
- ERP experience a plus
- Experience in with international freight forwarding, customs documentation, import and export
- Associates Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering preferred but not required.
- Business degree and/or related experience in a technical field a plus
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written); strong overall people skills
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an aftermarket management position is required
To apply for the Aftermarket Manager position, please see the details in the CAREER INFO section.